PIECE'A LISA

Everything you can imagine is real -Pablo Picasso

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Have a cow!


So last night I didn't necessarily have your run of the mill friday night in autumn. Sure I went on a hayride and watched people roast some marshmallows, but then there was that part where I toured a farm that has over 1300 cows, and produces about let's say 12,500 gallons of milk daily. I also was fortunate enough to be there at the precise time that one of said cows was delivering a calf.

It was such a cool experience for me, and the entire group that we were with. It was like being on the discovery channel. My friend hatch who is never without his camera documented the entire event. From the hoof first, diving entrance into the world to the momma cow licking off her little calf. It was a boy by the way. Not the best news for a farm that makes there living off of milk, but what a cool experience. Within thirty minutes the calf could stand up on it's own. It was an awestriking experience for me, but an everyday experience for Jeremy the guy who runs the calf section of the farm.

2 Comments:

At 1:38 AM, Blogger Anna said...

AWESOME! Baby cows...well, probably baby anything except baby mole rats are some of God's CUTEST miracles. Thanks for sharing, Lisa.

 
At 7:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool. Cows are the best.

-g

 

Post a Comment

<< Home