PIECE'A LISA

Everything you can imagine is real -Pablo Picasso

Saturday, September 10, 2005


This last week has been insanely busy for me with a 4 day school week and the beginning of numerous projects and subject matters. i start the morning off right with a class of 6 keyboarders, quiet bunch mostly because they are still asleep. 2nd hour i have about 11 art students mostly beginners. they are a little coo-ky but that is to be expected from art students. 3rd hour is probably my most difficult class to deal with, having 24 juniors in peer ministry. they just can't stop talking. whenever i show another teacher my class list for third hour they practically kneel down and start praying for my sanity right then and there. we'll see how things go with them, they are quite lous and difficult at times. fourth hour i have off, and fifth hour is keyboarding again, but this time i have 15 students (it used to be 22, but i only have 15 computers in that room). 6th and 8th hours are my other two art classes filled with your usual artsy crowd, along with those that are simply in it for the easy 'a' or because they don't like choir or band. i know most of my students names, there are a few i am just picking up. so i am pretty proud of that, but this being my first year teaching all of these different classes i think i go home every night with way more work than any of my kids have to do. (not to mention staying after school for volleyball practice til 7 every night) ah... the life of a first year teacher(i.e. initial educator), i will be overjoyed to see May and June's smiling faces.

3 Comments:

At 6:52 AM, Blogger Anna said...

Lisa! May God keep on renewing your strength and your courage!! Go educators! :) Thoughts and prayers are with you, my friend!

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Annika said...

I think it's just that rite of passage thing teachers have to go through. You'll be amazing, I have no doubt. And by the time I am there for Christmas, you'll be like, "These kids?! Nah, no trouble at all..."

I have complete confidence. ;)

 
At 4:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are not LOUD!!!!!! everyone else is But Nicole and Kylie aren't!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home