PIECE'A LISA

Everything you can imagine is real -Pablo Picasso

Thursday, September 22, 2005

don't wake me i planned on sleeping

i think we all need one day a week where we can sleep in, til we can't sleep anymore, especially for those of us who are talented at marathons of this sort. my father would probably be up at 5AM whether or not he had to be, but i have been trained in the art of sleeping and can mosie along for hours and hours without birds chirping or alarm clocks really getting in my way. we just need a day where it's ok to say, sorry i can't help with that volleyball tournament today because i'll be sleeping. i'm sorry i can't walk the dog and make you breakfast because i'll be sleeping in. i'm sorry i can't go to school and teach classes because i'll be sleeping in.

don't get me wrong, i'm not sleep deprived... i'm sleep-in deprived. i've been without one for several weeks and it is difficult to see the bed at the end of the tunnel. my solution, a national sleep-in holiday, once a week. who's with me.


all we want for christmas is a day to sleep in

4 Comments:

At 9:59 AM, Blogger Jamie said...

I totally agree..however, I am not at liberty to complain since I don't have to work till 10:45am so I can sleep in. Athough I usually get up early to get stuff done before work I know that I can sleep in if I want to. I know Greg would be a big supported of your sleep in day! He's always up early! Hope to see you in a couple weekends at Heather's wedding!

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger Annika said...

it's probably a bad time to remind you of my schedule... night classes and work at noon. i do enjoy the sleeping in. i haven't used an alarm clock in months. i do, however, wake up at 7.30 and then 8 like clockwork. eh. and yes, i am looking forward to fiji. and i will be stateside for new years! and you should come to chicago with me! but i will be around before then to hang out regardless. miss you like whoa.

 
At 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ben Walther said: AMEN! The sad part is, I use Saturday as my day to catch up on sleep..however, what time do I wake up? 7:30-8:00 am...And if you are like me, once your body wakes you up...there is no chance of falling back asleep! ARGH.

By the way..how's teaching? :)

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Greg said...

hey lisa thanks for the birthday cheer my number here is 608 348 8010

 

Post a Comment

<< Home