PIECE'A LISA

Everything you can imagine is real -Pablo Picasso

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

What about Bob?

So on Saturday I went to a tounament at Algoma. On our way back after winning only 2 of 10 games my fellow coach Mark, who has been raving about how good he is at setting people up and how he has several people lined up to set me up with, called Jeremy an alum of NEW (which is where I work). Here's a little of how the conversation went:

Mark: Hey Jeremy it's Coach.
Jeremy: Hey coach.
Mark: What are you doing tonight?
Jeremy: Going to a little get together to watch the badgers game.
Mark: Do you want a date for that?
Jeremy: I guess.
Mark: Where is the get together at?
Jeremy: A girls house.
Mark: Oh are you dating someone?
Jeremy: No. She just has a large screen tv.
Mark: Where does she live.
Jeremy: Off of University Ave.
Mark: Oh that's perfect this girl lives right near there.
Jeremy: Ok. How do I get to her apartment?
Mark: Let me hand the phone over to her.

Needless to say I had a 'date' ready to go. When Jeremy showed up to pick me up, he informed me that it was guys night that they were having and he gave me the option to go or to just hang out at my apartment and watch the game.

I of course opted for Guys night. What better way to spend my evening than with several men that i had never met before.

It was fun. The game was awesome! Badgers beat Michigan for the first time in 11 years or so, so that was exciting. After the game we watched some monty python and just to make me feel a part of the group they called me Bob instead of Lisa. Which was a really sweet gesture.

The girl who's house it was informed me that it had been girls night the night before and that next time she would make sure that i got an invite to that. she was only there for about 20 minutes of guys night, and the rest of the time I was on my own. I had a blast though and i'm excited to be part of a group of people my own age again.

2 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, Blogger Anna said...

What about BOB? This story is funny in so many ways and I really wish I could hear it from you in person. :) I hope we can talk soon! Thoughts and prayers are with you, dear friend! God's continued blessings to you and your new homies. :)

 
At 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home