PIECE'A LISA

Everything you can imagine is real -Pablo Picasso

Thursday, October 06, 2005

painting is silent poetry... poetry is eloquent painting

My little brother is going to be giving me a large canvas this saturday for me to paint a picture for him. Now he says that he really doesn't care what I paint, but I care and he isn't really helping, so I was wondering if you the good people who read my blog would have any suggestions. Greg loves his car, and so I was thinking of doing something with that... but cars... eh. Maybe abstract with just color? I don't know. Give me some ideas people.

3 Comments:

At 11:16 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

pick a part of the car and focus on that, like the wheel and hubcap and make it LARGE and a little abstract...cool colors will always help too. Post a pic when you're done! I know you will do a great job. It was so great to hang out with you this weekend. Stay cool and out of trouble! love ya!

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger Anna said...

LISA! You should definitely do a self portrait for him so he can always think of his dear sister and how much you love him. ;) OR maybe paint Chinese caligraphy. That's the going art form here. Mmmm...... OR I like Jamie's idea! :) Hope all is well!

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Annika said...

I think I like the abstract idea. Mostly because I like abstract art. And I also get the same queasy feeling about a painting of a car. Seems very dogs playing poker. Then again, an art expert I am not. Nor is the painting for me. So go with your artsy gut, my friend.
And how do I go about placing an order for a painting of my own? ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home