PIECE'A LISA

Everything you can imagine is real -Pablo Picasso

Sunday, April 10, 2005

rubbing hands= Skay B's for life

One of my roommate Erin's students has contracted the scabies. she and i were discussing it the other night over pizza shuttle. Erin was of course teaching me what scabies is and how i can catch it... well in the interest of learning i asked her if you could get it by simply touching someone who has it? (at this point i touched erin on the hand with one of my fingers)

No, she says, it has to be some sort of prolonged contact... at which point erin rubbed the back of her hand against mine.

oh, i said, so this is how you get it... and i rubbed the backs of my hands together.
(in order for you, my dedicated audience, to understand how silly this is... please rub the backs of your hands together and then imagine a disease that is passed from one person to the next by walking around and rubbing the back of their hand with yours)

Imagine if you will the quiet threat from across the room of staring someone down and instead of drawing a finger across your throat to suggest their imminent death you rub the back of your hands together (slowly) to suggest the pending transfer of scabies...

4 Comments:

At 9:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol...thats great.
I'm totally gonna start doing that.
See you on friday!!!

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Annika said...

I thought you might enjoy knowing that I did this back of hand rubbing while in the library and laughing. If I lose all my friends, it's totally scabies' fault.

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

my apologies for any inconveniences... you can simply explain it away as american custom if you feel the need

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

my apologies for any inconveniences... you can simply explain it away as american custom if you feel the need

 

Post a Comment

<< Home