PIECE'A LISA

Everything you can imagine is real -Pablo Picasso

Saturday, March 12, 2005

We are the champions... sort of

My wonderous VAC students took 2nd place over all in the regional competition yesterday! I am so proud of them. They get to go to state now, because they got second place, and perform their skit as well as do more onsite problems when they're there. Martin Luther only lost to the first place team by 4 points. I think that the score was somewhere near 124 to 128 or something like that.

Along with getting 2nd overall they also got 2nd place for the critical thinking section which includes their long-term and onsite projects. They only lost to the first place team in this section by 1 point. 1 measily point. My students also got 3rd place in the Quiz Bowl. 1st and 2nd place tied and my team was only shortly behind them.

I think that I am going to try to skip school at my second placement to accompany my high school students to state on April 15th. Hopefully it will all work out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home