PIECE'A LISA

Everything you can imagine is real -Pablo Picasso

Sunday, April 17, 2005

the academy for space cadets

On Friday I was with my high school students from my first student teaching placement at State in Madison for the Visual Arts Classic. Friday morning we got to the competition a little before 8.00 which is the start of the registration time. There was a lot of milling around for the first half hour with all 60 of the schools as they arrived mainly because the organizer of the entire event did not arrive on the scene with all the materials until 8:30, the end of the registration time. So we were running a little bit behind the whole day... not to mention that this lady had forgotten to assign a room for photography. At the end of the day we were waiting for the final tally of scores which took a little over an hour, and with students and teachers who are a little over anxious to get on the road headed back home.

At the end of the whole ordeal my students did very well. We didn't win any huge tropheys, but we definitely left with some pride still in our pockets.

On a side note: I drove a huge suburban to this thing and minus a few fast stops I have to say that my driving was quite flawless. Mom and Dad you should be proud of me for my mad skills at driving.

1 Comments:

At 6:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not bad Lisa...when i took my kids to the state art competition in Austin, TX, i totaled my car (yes the sweet little VW)...it was a fun event, oh, and my kids did okay...

Pete Froehlich

 

Post a Comment

<< Home