PIECE'A LISA

Everything you can imagine is real -Pablo Picasso

Saturday, February 12, 2005

Life is in the details

I'm am studying up on the work of Norman Rockwell to see about possibly creating a new and interesting assignment for my advanced painters. I want my students to paint a picture that tells a story and who better for them to model their work after than Norman Rockwell. His paintings and depictions tell stories so well. He puts so much thought into the details that tell each story. He has done so many works that focus on societal issues as well as those that simply depict a utopian piece of life found in the mid 1900's. I would encourage any of you out there in the worldwide net to look at and enjoy norman rockwells work. This one is my favorite:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

There is just so much to look at and so many details... It is from one of the April Fools additions of "Saturday Evening Post".

2 Comments:

At 3:54 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

On a side note... I am also looking for suggestions for any other artists that are also good at depicting narratives in their work.

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Adam said...

thanks for calling me lisa...I love YOU!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home