PIECE'A LISA

Everything you can imagine is real -Pablo Picasso

Monday, January 31, 2005

it's a fish eat fish world

on saturday i went with my friend jim to buy some more fish for my fish tank. i especially needed a plecko of some sort to clean my fish tank, because i am unwilling to do it myself. i also bought numerous tetras in addition to the plecko, but the man at the store would not allow me to buy the tetras that i wanted to get, because apparently they needed softer water or something. so i ended up getting these teeny tiny little tetras that jim suggested. the people working at the fish store always ask what size of tank you have and what kind/how many fish you already have, and every time i go there jim instructs me to lie to them. apparently if i did not lie, then they would not let me get the fish that i wanted too. because of this i was unable to put up a fight about getting the teeny tiny tetras in front of the sales guy, so i waited til we left the general vicinity. i thought that perhaps these small tetras would get eaten by the big, mean yellow cichlids that i already have, but jim assured me that they would not. lo and behold within 5 minutes out of the plastic bag my male cichlid "Sid" had already killed off and eaten one of my tetras, while his wife "Nancy" sat idley by with those fishy eyes of hers.

1 Comments:

At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lisa~
you should feed them heroin. it would work very well at keeping them alive.
nate
ps
you like jason mraz? why not just say that you like crushing turtle shells in front of 1st graders. that'd be more satisfying.
Nate

 

Post a Comment

<< Home