PIECE'A LISA

Everything you can imagine is real -Pablo Picasso

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Lighting it up!

So yesterday I had my first decent sized blunder in front of the class. In Ceramics we use a torch to dry the clay at a faster rate, and I was torching some of the students cylinders for them. Each clay cylinder that the students are making is wrapped around newspaper to help it hold its shape momentarily. Well while I was torching one of the students cylinders I accidentally set the newspaper on fire. The fire kept getting bigger and my students could be heard saying things like, "oh, this is going to make my day!" and thanking me before I could even put out the blazing inferno in the nearby sink. Needless to say I got the students attention.

2 Comments:

At 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ben said.... Haha that is funny! Hope you didn't get hurt. However, that would be one sweet campfire story to tell.

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like things are going to get interesting. Please keep writing and I will keep reading.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home