PIECE'A LISA

Everything you can imagine is real -Pablo Picasso

Sunday, February 06, 2005

likeable? I think so...

I found out this last weekend that one of my intro to art students doesn't like me. I don't know which student it is, because I found out secondhand. I didn't think that it would bother me as much as it has. I haven't really made my intro students do anything, nor have I disciplined any of them in any way... what's not to like? I don't think I would mind so much if I had given the students a reason not to like me, but I haven't. I've been nothing but nice and easy on them, because they haven't made me be anything else. Is it because I wear glasses? (I don't have to wear them I could take them off) Does my height freak them out? (Not much I could change there, bad posture will give me a humpback and I know that's not very hip nowadays) Do I wear funny clothing? (I'm not opposed to being on a "What not to wear" type of show) Do I not bleed the same red blood, and clot at approximately the same rate for that matter? (thank goodness the hypercoagulation gene was inherited on the male side of my family) I even gave them the easiest sketchbook assignment in the world. Fill an entire page with doodles. What could possibly be easier short of having no assignment. So once again I must pose the question, when it comes to me, so far, as a teacher... What's not to like?

1 Comments:

At 7:57 PM, Blogger Annika said...

It could just be the authority. Kids aren't supposed to like their teachers. I had a kid who didn't like me because I was "too easy to like." What? Isn't being easy to like a good thing?? Kids just have principles at that age. Where they get them from is beyond me, but at least they have some. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home