PIECE'A LISA

Everything you can imagine is real -Pablo Picasso

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Days 13-19

For the last week I have been at the LCMS National Youth Gathering in Orlando, FL. The gathering was wonderful, and really assured me that the LCMS has at least some faith in their youth, and cares about them. As a young adult volunteer (YAV) on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday I was put in an area called Chosen To The World - Live It Area, where I was working under five wonderful DCE's from various parts of Texas. Each of them are awesome, and so encouraging. I spent the majority of my time in a booth that was showing the movie Most. After each time a group would see the movie, either myself, Lonnie (one of the DCE's), or Sarah would debrief the audience that had just finished the film. It was a wonderful experience, if you haven't seen, or heard of this movie, you need to check it out. It's a half hour long film that has a number of parallels to God the Father and Jesus... in the movie a father is forced to choose between saving his son and saving a train full of people. Beautiful, powerful film! Every time that I see the movie I get something out of it, and I wasn't bored once in the whole 3 days I had to spend in that space.

Besides being in the booth, I was able to go and enjoy the mass events at night... and boy, there is nothing like being at one of those events. Sharing a room with 26,000+ other people who are all praising God... well, there's nothing I can really think of that compares, or that is more encouraging to these youth.

I only have a few pics to show for the whole week...
Here's Lonnie, Sarah, & myself

This is a little guy, we named him Enrique, that hung out with us at the booth for an entire day.... I think that he liked the warmth of the computer.

My fellow teacher Kelly with the blanket

Some of my students with the blanket.

Some of my students getting ready to go on a secret mission.

Kelly & I

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home