PIECE'A LISA

Everything you can imagine is real -Pablo Picasso

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

hmmmmm curious...

you know how there are some things in life that you just couldn't imagine ever going without... like the combination of peanut butter and chocolate, or toilet paper... well i think that music belongs in that mix as well... gotta have it, love to hear it, can't help but singing along. i'm pretty sure that life would be boring without it.

i read a book recently by chuck palahniuk called 'lullaby'... and the main character kept calling everyone quiet-a-phobics and noise-a-holics, that is so me. i'm not really afraid of silence, and sometimes it is necessary, but i'm pretty sure that silence can be vastly improved by subletting it's existence to music.

i've often thought about making soundtracks for different units of my life like: naptime, worktime, picking flowers time, painting time, happy time, eating time, fancy eating time, and of course dancing time. i just never seem to get around to it, apparently soundtrack making time hasn't quite made it onto my list yet. it takes a lot of work and a lot of times to get things right and to get them to flow it takes way more than i'm often willing to give, especially for nap time.

i'm interested to hear what you would include on a soundtrack to your life... does each song fit certain moods, flow with a particular memory, or just make you feel good therefore defining your personality. hmmmm curious...

4 Comments:

At 2:39 AM, Blogger The Harris Family said...

There's this brilliant new artist here called Sandy Thom, she's Scottish and fantastic! Don't know if she's made it to the States, but you should try to find her.

She's got a song called "I wish I was a punk rocker" that is fab. Definitely one for the soundtrack!

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Anna said...

I love this question! I'm afraid if I began, I would go on for hours about music... and soundtracks to life.... *happy sigh* I do praise God for the gift of listening to MUSIC! (And making music from time to time.) I know what you mean about needing to have the right song for every occasion. Every time I come into my room, I look at my music library and think, "What do I feel like? What beat? What lyrics? Hmm...." Kinda like Deb setting up the perfect shot of Uncle Rico... maybe we could use some foam...

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger Annika said...

I have to agree with Angela there with Sandy Thom. We've got here down here too. Amazing.

As for my current soundtrack to my mornings - it's the Grey's soundtrack you sent me. Fabulous.

And back in the day, when Napster was all legal (or not caught onto yet) I used to have mood songlists. So I had rainy afternoon, sunny morning, getting ready to go out, sitting around with friends, studying, writing papers. It was great. We think alike that way...

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Pete said...

curious...what exactly would you play during soundtrack making time?...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home