PIECE'A LISA

Everything you can imagine is real -Pablo Picasso

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

no comment

at the school i work at we have a 'marriage and family' class that all of the seniors are required to take. recently their teacher assigned them to do an interview with someone who is single and over the age of twenty one. asking them about how they like single life, probing into their feelings about being single and how it affects their relationship with God, and so on. well now, let's just take a look at how many people at said school fit that profile group... um, yeah, that's one, me. the assignment is due on friday and i've already had 2 students interview me for the assignment i believe that the other 28 or so will come a knocking on thursday, or friday during lunch. which reminds me to thank mr. mcclellan for reminding his students that i fit into that brachet and would likely be a very easy person to go to, to complete their assignment.

to keep myself from getting bored, i will likely start changing up my answers like, being single makes me super depressed and all i do with my free time is write emo songs about it, or i cry myself to sleep at night, or everytime that i meet a new guy i size him up and batter him with questions to see if he is the 'one' for me (i don't know why they all run the other direction). there are so many good angles to fly on this, and that way mcclellan won't get bored when he's reading their answers. any suggestions for possible answers?

3 Comments:

At 8:30 PM, Blogger Annika said...

I think you should spout off some of the talk: it's an ancient institution, it perpetuates gender role stereotypes, it's mandated from The Man, etc. That would go over well, right? :)

Maybe then they'll stop making assignments that analyse your single-ness. (Disclaimer: I am a fan of marriage and do not believe above arguments.)

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger ben and kate said...

I think you should just tell them that you've already picked the wedding date your just looking for the mate. That's also a great line for first dates.

ben

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Anna said...

ha ha ha.... that is ridiculous. I would say that you could pass some on to me, but I'm pretty sure I'd give them the exact same answers. Except perhaps I could add that I live in a culture that still hires match makers so I hope to have enough money to hire my own and get hitched before it's time to head back to the States for summer break.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home