PIECE'A LISA

Everything you can imagine is real -Pablo Picasso

Friday, February 03, 2006

not so 'in shape'

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
A day before the second semester began at my high school I learned that I was going to be teaching physical education, that's right gym class. Something that I have never been trained to teach and a class that I never really enjoyed that much myself. (That is of course excluding the relaxation class which was a portion of my gym class in high school)

As it turns out I only have 7 students... and they're all girls, not too intimidating, but with only 7 of them it really limits the gaming possibilities. So far we have played games like four square, badminton, giants wizards & elves, nuke'em (which is a game i picked up off of the internet)... but i am starting to run out of ideas. we have begun doing tae bo on wednesdays and pilates on fridays, but the other days i need something to stick in there. i have decided that when it becomes delightfully warm enough outside we will be doing some frolfing, but until then i most definitely need something fun to do indoors.

So this is the part of the show where I turn to the audience and ask for any volunteers, or idea makers. Keep in mind that not all of these girls are the most athletic, and that in order to play with even numbers i have to participate (again with the 'not so in shape' notation).

(Above image taken from this website)

7 Comments:

At 4:06 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

I loved relaxation...took it twice. The only class in highschool where you get an "A" for falling asleep.

How about bowling?

 
At 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like time for some walking for wellness

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

spin the bottle
or
cutting

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger Annika said...

I also encourage you to keep the time honored class of relaxation up and running. Blissful.

Also, I am sorry that I don't want to return to Wisconsin. You don't have to live there forever! I'm thinking Boston or Denver. Pick one of those! ;)

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger Annika said...

Lisa, you kicked my butt at the quote thing. I mean, way to take the wind out of my sails. :)

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger Anna said...

Social dance anyone? Cross country skiing? Gymnastics? LISA! I think that's where we met right? Gymnastics! Gosh, that's a great idea! Assign them all to come up with a floor routine! And they can pick their music. That would be the greatest class ever. Can you believe we actually had uneven bars at MLHS? I was just thinking about that... I still am in awe of that fact... and that we were actually expected to perform something on them. Does my memory exaggerate or did that really happen?

 
At 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ELBOW TAG!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home