PIECE'A LISA

Everything you can imagine is real -Pablo Picasso

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

How do they do that?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Lately while working at CUW i've been trying to moderately entertain and educate myself by watching videos on launchcast.com. Well I came across a video by Bright Eyes called Easy/Lucky/Free.

the video itself is very simple.

a room. a man with marker. a plate glass wall.

during the whole video he writes out the lyrics to the song, but it is done so that the viewer 'me' can read it, which is completely backwards for him. how does that work? is he really super good at writing backwards? (i had a teacher in high school who could read words backwards in a snap)

or is it just another trick of today's video editors?

3 Comments:

At 2:46 AM, Blogger Annika said...

Are you talking about Mr. Forke? He was a sweet teacher. And I believe it was his class in which I learned how to write backwords. I used to be a whiz although I am sure that I must be rusty these days. It doesn't take long to get awesome at.

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

I was actually refering to Dr. J who could just read things backwards the same as he could forwards. he would go around the room and read every single poster backwards, and not just the words as a whole backwards like 'spot run see', but each individual word like 'tops nur ees'. and really fast. i know how much you like Dr. J, and how kind he was to you so i'm not surprised that you didn't remember.

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Annika said...

Hmm... my distaste for this man showed even when reading your comment. I was like, "Dr.??" I had also refused to call him doctor. I wonder why he didn't like me?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home